We're excited to announce that we'll be joining the One Trust family! Together we'll help companies get certified, build trust, and win deals. Find out more about it here on the Helm or check out our official press release. Feel free to leave a comment or question regarding the big news.
Please Read Before Posting!
Welcome to The Helm!We are pleased to have you here and excited to get to know you. As you participate, keep the following guidelines in mind as you engage with your fellow members.
- Stay On Topic - Keep your posts relevant to the category you are posting in. If you make a mistake, please let us know and we can move your topic to the correct location. If you have a topic that does not seem to fit anywhere, post it in the Scuttlebutt.
- Respect Others - Please respect your fellow members and try to keep conversations civil. We know that arguments and misunderstandings happen, but remember that there’s a real person on the other side of the screen.
- Privacy - Do not post any personal information or photos that you wouldn’t want to be seen by the public. The majority of this forum is open to unregistered guests. If you post something that you change your mind about, please let us know and we can help you.
- Sensitive Topics - We will not put blanket bans on conversations relating to politics, religion, or social issues as those topics can relate to the InfoSec industry (e.g. policies, laws, regulations, current events), and have value for discussions. What we request is that you a) be civil and b) check your sources. If a discussion turns into an argument, begins to make members feel uncomfortable or violates our Inappropriate Content policy, we will close or remove the discussion.
- Inappropriate Content - Hateful or illegal content will not be tolerated. We will remove anything we deem to be racist, sexist, ageist, ableist or otherwise discriminatory. Anything we deem to be offensive content (e.g. sexual or violent) will be removed. We do not have language filters, but if a discussion is excessively crass, then it will be removed. Please reach out to a moderator or admin if you are uncomfortable or experiencing abuse from other members. If we miss any inappropriate content, please flag it for us.
- Spam - Please do not spam the forums. Try to ensure your posts focus on quality rather than quantity. Or put another way, ask yourself, "Would others actually find this post useful?"
- Moderation - We operate on a “Three Strikes” policy here. Strike #1 will be a warning, Strike #2 will be a suspension, and Strike #3 will be a permanent ban. If the offense is serious enough, then we will move directly to permanent ban. While we do not foresee using permanent bans, we will enforce it should the need arise.
If you see anything that needs our attention, please use the "Flag" feature located below the post or comment.
We’re all here to help each other, share ideas and have great conversations. We have faith that everyone will be polite, respectful, professional, and of course, enjoy the time spent at The Helm. Please reach out to the moderation team (Cheryl and Victor) should you have questions, concerns, or just want to say "Hi!".