Q1 Round-Up: What Have We Been Up To?
We've been busy here at Tugboat Logic and the Helm, from design upgrades to new programs. A lot has happened in the first quarter, so here's a round up of everything in case you missed it!
NOTE: If you are currently a guest, many of the following links will not work as you need to be signed in as a member to view them.
Major Product Updates/Releases
- Helm 2.0 Design Upgrade - In February we rolled out a new design for the Helm with more popping colours, category consolidation and quick-nav cards. A few behind-the-scenes performance updates were also performed.
- Knowledge Base Expansion - Sections and articles were added to the Knowledge Base to provide a more complete record of resources that will help you with the product and your audits! The following is a break-down of what you can find there:
- Auditor Support - Guides focused on the Audit Projects Module from both the auditor and end user perspectives.
- Blogs - A collection of our blogs and articles (can also be found on our website).
- Ebooks - A collection of our longer works/Ebooks for more in-depth guides.
- Other Resources - Will house any misc. resources including Webinar and Office Hours recordings, one-pagers, audio etc.
- Customer Knowledge Base - Includes guides on Admin and Navigation Guides, Integrations, SSO Configuration, Templates, Vendor Recommendations and Video Guides.
- FAQs and General Information - Useful information that may not fit anywhere else can be found here! We will also be compiling common questions from our Office Hours and Support so you can search the answers.
- How to Helm - Basic guides on how to use the Helm community if you aren't sure how to get started.
- Question and Answer Posts - A new type of post has been activated which will allow us to flag the best answers should a number of people respond. It has been activated on the Ask an Expert category as a trial.
- Product Feedback and Requests - We want to give you a place where you can provide feedback or suggest useful functionality. The product will be checking this section periodically.
Events and Initiatives
- Ask an Expert Office Hours - February 18, 2021 we held our first Office Hours where you can bring your product and audit questions! During these sessions, Todd Chapman from our Customer Success Team conducts demos of some of our product features and answers any questions (demo related or just in general). We will continue to hold these sessions biweekly on Thursdays. The next one will be April 15, 2021 at 10am PST.
- Custom API Marketplace - Our newest category featuring integrations for our Custom API tool. Tugboat Logic users may post custom integrations that they have developed that might help others with the evidence collection tasks! Eric Jacksch from Tenebris did us the honour of posting the first Integration in the category. Be sure to check it out! If you would like to share your integrations, please reach out to us as we're still in beta!
- Webinars - We've hosted a number of Webinars this quarter on a variety of topics. Future webinars will be posted in the Events and Initiatives category.
- 2021 Fireside with Ray Kruck, CEO Tugboat Logic - The first webinar round-table that we hosted this year was to share the learnings from 2020 and plans/trends for 2021. Ray was joined by Harriet Cohen, Compliance Program Manager at Digital Guardian, Jim Cunliffe, VP Information Systems & Security at Utilant, and Julie Calla, Partner at KPMG Canada. Julie will be participating in our upcoming Webinar on April 20 (see below)
- How to Pass an Audit Faster with Sydney Archer, VP Customer Success at Tugboat Logic - We get that passing a SOC 2 audit can be a time-consuming and tedious process. But there are ways to make it quick, easy, and smooth. In this webinar, Sydney discussed her actionable tips and tricks for passing your security audit faster. ->Member's only link<-
- How to CRUSH Your ISO 27001 Audit in Six Weeks - Finding yourself a little intimidated by your upcoming ISO 27001 audit? Don't know where to start? Not to worry! Karl Bagci, Head of Operations at Cronofy will take you through the ISO 27001 audit process, and show you how to crush it in six weeks.
- How to Evaluate Cloud Migration Milestones - In an ever-growing and evolving virtual landscape, cloud computing and storage are more vital than ever. The key is choosing the right service and planning your migration effectively! In this round-table webinar, Steve Genders, VP, Information Systems and Security, Nicholas Barretta, Solutions Architect at CloudKnox, Chris Pedigo, Field CTO at Lacework, and Alfredo Pardo, Security & Compliance Practice Lead at Caylent discussed best practices for cloud migrations, security considerations to take into account, and what to expect from the overall process.
- SOC 2, Type 1 vs Type 2: Finding the Perfect Fit with Jitendra Juthani, Senior Manager, IS Risk & Compliance at Tugboat Logic - If you’ve started your SOC 2 journey, you might be wondering whether to pursue a Type 1 or Type 2 report. It’s an important decision to make. After all, it could mean the difference between winning or losing your next big deal. In this webinar, Jitendra breaks down SOC 2 and both report types to help you make the best possible decision for your organization.
Stay tuned for more programming and new initiatives as we start Q2. In particular, we will be launching a new Incentives and Tiers Program that incorporates your audit milestones and community activity to earn you prizes, access to exclusive content, discounts on product offerings and more!